Tuesday, November 25, 2008

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!!

I know I haven't updated for a couple of weeks and even though I don't have any pictures (no cameras allowed) to share, I have to post an update because I KNOW that many of you are anxiously awaiting the New Kids post! :) The concert was an absolute blast! I knew it was going to be great and that I would LOVE it, but not even I realized how much I would love it. I almost couldn't go because Haleigh and Ashton both had a touch of the stomach flu the morning of and I went back and forth about what a terrible mother I would be if I left them home with a babysitter while I went and rocked out with the New Kids, but fortunately by the time I had to leave they were both doing way better. The concert was a great mix of the old and new. They did all their old choreography (and if you were anything like me you had it all memorized:) ) with their old songs and the crowd was crazy. It was so fun to see all the fans that are now my age and still screaming like little girls. It was hilarious because most everyone had a New Kids shirt on (some even had buttons and dolls with them), but they also had a beer in their hand and a ring on their finger! Much different from the first time around when their parents were holding their hands! New Kids were my first concert when I was 12 or so, so it was a blast to see them again. Only this time around my dad wasn't there pacing around the arena trying to find a place where the screams weren't so loud it would make his ears bleed. It was a good thing he wasn't there this time because he probably would have had the same problem. There was a point (during Hangin' Tough) that my mom actually held on to me because the stands were rocking so much she felt like we were going to fall! To wrap it all up, I have one thing to say to Erika......Joey is still mine, so you will still have to choose another! :)

1 comment:

Erika said...

I might just have to move onto Backstreet Boys or 'nsync then! Although maybe I will take Donnie if I can get to Marky Mark! I am so glad that you were able to go. I can see you rocking out with your lighter asking for an encore :)